All the woods that we use are harvested from sustainably managed forests with much of our slab furniture coming from local felled trees. The plywoods that go into our products are all Greenguard Certified.
At the end of the day, we incorporate materials that have little impact on the environment while making a big impact on our lives.
Cleaning & Conditioning
Mineral oil is used to condition wood and is great to use on butcher blocks, wooden counter tops and a variety of furniture. Specialty products, such as butcher block oil, are available for purchase, but they are merely repackaged mineral oil. Use the following to care for your custom wood products.
- Mineral Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Small Bowl
- 2 Washcloths
1. Mix 1 part mineral oil to 1 part lemon juice in a small bowl. It is not necessary to squeeze an actual lemon to get the juice. You can purchase real lemon juice in a bottle from your local grocery store.
2. Whisk the mineral oil and lemon juice with a fork to mix well. A few good whisks should be all it takes to mix the ingredients.
3. Insert the end of a washcloth into the mineral oil mixture and wring out any excess moisture.
4. Scrub the wood with the washcloth using a circular motion. Use medium to hard pressure. Allow the mineral oil to set for at least an hour.
5. Buff the entire piece of wood with the second washcloth using quick, circular motions with light to medium pressure. Repeat this process once a month to keep your wood looking its best.
6. This recipe can also be place in a spray bottle and used in dusting our furniture.